ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema was found guilty of provoking divisions within the ruling party and of bringing the organisation into disrepute on Thursday, and was suspended for five years. He will vacate his position. This was after Malema said earlier this year the ANCYL would send a team to Botswana to consolidate local opposition parties and help bring about regime change there. Malema later apologised for the remarks, but they were widely believed to have caused serious diplomatic embarrassment for the ANC.
Malema was found not guilty on a third charge of inciting racial hatred and inflaming divisions in the country.
After 6 weeks of trial, a guilty verdict was returned by the jury yesterday in the Michael Jackson and Conrad Murray’s manslaughter case; meaning Jackson’s doctor (Conrad Murray) was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the pop star’s death for supplying an insomnia-plagued Jackson with a powerful operating-room anesthetic to help him sleep as he rehearsed for his big comeback. Conrad faces 4 years in jail and was remanded in custody until sentencing on 29th November, 2011. Meanwhile Defense attorney Ed Chernoff said later in the day the verdict was a disappointment and would be appealed.
LAGOS-A 70-year- old man and three others have been arraigned before a Surulere Magistrate’s Court in Lagos for alleged cutting off the hand and leg of one Tajudeen Ogunbadejo with a machete. Oladun Mannaseh, 70; Dick Ike, 61; Edike Emeka, 49 and Rafiu Olorunmbe, 35, were charged on a two-count charge of conspiracy and causing grievous body harm.
A 21-year-old from Venezuela ‘Ivian Sarcos’ was crowned Miss World 2011 few minutes ago at London’s Earls Court.Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares, a human resources graduate currently works for a broadcasting company. The 2nd place was taken by Philippines while the 3rd spot went to Puerto Rico.
The countries which made it to the top 7 are England, Korea, Venezuela, Philippines, Puerto Rico, South Africa and Scotland. 122 contestants from across the world took part in this year’s pageant… The pageant is 60 years old today!
Cape Town - Western Cape education authorities are considering expelling three Oudtshoorn High School pupils for allegedly making a sex video. "A disciplinary hearing was held and the school governing body has made the recommendation... that the three learners be expelled," provincial education spokesperson Bronagh Casey said on Monday. "The head of department’s office has received the documents from the school governing body and is now processing the recommendation."Casey said the head of department would make the final decision on whether the pupils should be expelled.